Job Post :
Employment Type :
KM4 Area, ,
Accord University is the first of its kind in East Africa. It is completely based on modern information and communication technologies. Accord University provides higher education to aspiring students. Provides the best courses for students regardless of their locations there is no traveling the University is tuition free. Accord University uses a combination of video lectures, reading material, audio/video tutorials and on-line interaction (e-class rooms) for imparting knowledge.
We are searching for a dedicated and detail-oriented Research Assistant to support our research project by preparing students, summarizing findings, and overseeing postgraduate students engaging in the study. Must be able to multitask in order to be effective as a Research Assistant. A excellent Research Assistant handles many projects by prioritizing more critical activities and developing a timetable for work completion. Aligning methodologies with research goals, using a variety of tools to acquire information and interpret data, writing up reports and presenting findings. You should be able to present successfully and communicate effectively at all levels. To be a great Research Assistant, you must be resourceful, have strong time management skills, and be patient.
• Identify, prepare and research materials and learning resources for the students
• Assist students learn. Provide academic assistance in a variety of learning situations while remaining current in area of professional expertise.
• Develop, modify, and continuously improve, research guidelines, curricula, evaluation procedures, and instruments before the Thesis Defence starts
• Conducting literary reviews.
• Performing research and summing up results.
• Responding to research-related emails.
• Attending project meetings
• Monitoring the work progress of the postgraduate students.
• Keeping an eye on the project budget
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
• A Master's Degree is required as part of your qualification or currently enrolled as a doctoral Candidate in a research-related discipline.
• Ability to start, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal abilities, technical abilities, and organizational abilities.
• Fluency in English is needed; knowledge of a second UN language is preferred.
• A rudimentary awareness of international relations, the United Nations, and its organs
• The ability to work in places where people from different backgrounds live and work together, to build strong and productive working relationships, and to meet deadlines.
• Proactive, detail-oriented, adaptive, self-sufficient, and innovative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; cultural and social sensitivity; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a diverse range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at all levels; familiarity with development communications tools and approaches
• Strong overall computer literacy, including skills in several MS Office software (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; knowledge of database management; and familiarity with office technology equipment.
• Experience with E-Learning platforms (Open Educat, Google Education, and others) is advantageous.
• Self-motivated, with the capacity to operate with minimal supervision and under pressure.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email us a PDF file with your résumé and cover letter along with your Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree if available Doctoral degree with transcript at email@example.com in one PDF. Include your last name and first name as "Research Assistant" in the subject line of your email. Visit the Campus on KM4 Area, Wadajir, Mogadishu-Somalia from 14:00PM to 16:00PM. The deadline for applications is June 25, 2022.
Accord is an equal-opportunity employer and would welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sexual orientation or gender. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Department of HR - Accord University