Student Support Officer
Employment Type : Contract
Salary (Monthly) : 0.0
Accord University is the first of its kind in East Africa. It is completely based on modern information and communication technologies. Accord University provides higher education to aspiring students. Provides the best courses for students regardless of their locations there is no traveling the University is tuition free. Accord University uses a combination of video lectures, reading material, audio/video tutorials and on-line interaction (e-class rooms) for imparting knowledge.
We are searching for Student Support Officer is accountable for the management of Student on a daily basis. This position will create and maintain systems to ensure that eligible group participants in which was before programs are seamlessly connected to in order to advance the major goals of Student Support Services, which include increased retention, graduation, and transfer rates among the target population of the program. SSO helps offers a variety of services and activities, including tutoring, personal counseling, financial support and literacy, academic advice, mentorship, and the development of study skills.
• To offer students with an efficient and service frontline support service.
• To provide students with timely and competent information, guidance, and assistance on a variety of personal, pastoral, and academic difficulties.
• To offer a referral service to expert services that is seamless.
• Provide a frontline support service in detecting and addressing student difficulties, and when specialized service interventions have been identified, ensure that appropriate referrals are made to the Counselling Team, Student Services, other departments, and/or external organizations, as applicable.
• Utilize triage skills to identify critical or urgent problems and ensure they are escalated to the right support services.
• Provide students with information, guidance, and support on a variety of personal, pastoral, and academic difficulties via scheduled sessions and drop-ins.
• Efficiently evaluate the student's needs to allow appropriate referrals and give suggestions for continued assistance.
• Maintain adequate records and management information statistics for the frontline service and promote information exchange to support efficient service delivery in a shared environment.
• Develop and distribute a variety of informational and instructional materials,
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
• A Master's Degree is required as part of your qualification or currently enrolled as a doctoral Candidate in a research-related discipline.
• Ability to start, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal abilities, technical abilities, and organizational abilities.
• Fluency in English is needed; knowledge of a second UN language is preferred.
• A rudimentary awareness of international relations, the United Nations, and its organs
• The ability to work in places where people from different backgrounds live and work together, to build strong and productive working relationships, and to meet deadlines.
• Proactive, detail-oriented, adaptive, self-sufficient, and innovative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; cultural and social sensitivity; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a diverse range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at all levels; familiarity with development communications tools and approaches
• Strong overall computer literacy, including skills in several MS Office software (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; knowledge of database management; and familiarity with office technology equipment.
• Experience with E-Learning platforms (Open Educat, Google Education, and others) is advantageous.
• Self-motivated, with the capacity to operate with minimal supervision and under pressure.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email us a PDF file with your résumé and cover letter along with your Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree if available Doctoral degree with transcript at firstname.lastname@example.org in one PDF. Include your last name and first name as "Research Assistant" in the subject line of your email. Visit the Campus on KM4 Area, Wadajir, Mogadishu-Somalia from 14:00PM to 16:00PM. The deadline for applications is June 25, 2022.
Accord is an equal-opportunity employer and would welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, sexual orientation or gender. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Department of HR - Accord University
- Web design