This year, more than 500 students received their master's degrees.
Join us to change your future for the better.
MASTER OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
English Version WWW.ACCORD.EDU.SO
M. Ats. Political Science or Master of Arts in
Political is a Political Science course. The Master of Political Science provides students
with specialist, in-depth knowledge of decision-making in politics.
We study political decision-making from the perspective of the citizen, the
politician, the policy professional and institutions, using cases from local,
national, European and international politics. It
Graduate in any stream.
Minimum Percentage: 60%
Entrance Exam/ Merit Basis
Tuition Fees: $600 ($50 / Month)
Registration Fees: $50
Master of Science in Finance and Economic Development
M. Ats. Political Science
In our core courses we explore:
- How and why citizens participate in politics. Who participates and who does not?
- How elected politicians translate their political preferences into political action.
- What impact can policy professionals such as advisors, consultants or civil servants have on policy decisions?
- How institutions constrain and enable the potential for political cooperation.
Although the title of Master of Political Science is a ticket to a whole range of professions, the Master’s program is foremost a preparation for some specific occupational fields:
- Policy officer, political advisor or external representative in regional, national or international governments
- Researcher at academic institutions or research departments of political parties and interest groups
- Supporting and lobbying positions within international companies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Advisor, consultant, account manager in private sector
- Political journalist, media officer or spokesperson.
Possible Future Job
Corporate Public Affairs Advisor
Public Opinion Analyst
The M.Sc. Political Science (Top-up) aims to extend and improve the understanding and competence gained via professional qualifications and to enhance the ability of students to think strategically about management and political change within Political Science. This programme is designed for (Postgraduate) in Political Science and provides a means by which the continuing professional and personal needs of Political practitioners can be met.
This program will broaden your specialist knowledge previously gained at a professional level. In particular, the module, ‘Political Science research project’ guides you to research into the key challenges Political Science professionals face in the industry. This module aims to Political Science with the necessary skills to undertake independent project work within a Political context. The Research Methods element provides you with an introduction to research, types of research methodology, formulating and planning a research project, data collection, analysis, and presentation of research findings based upon an actual Political Science focused topic.